Why Would I See A Counselor?
- You feel very anxious, worried, or guilty
- You are overwhelmed by sadness, frustration, or loneliness
- You struggle with anger or annoyance
- You are tired of bullying
- You notice some changes in the way you sleep, eat, or think and feel about life
- You would like to identify what is holding you back in life
- You find it hard to talk about your feelings and thoughts to your friends and family
What Can I Get Out of Therapy?
- Learn how to manage strong emotions
- Define what you want from life and how to get it
- Improve relationships with peers, parents, teachers, and self
- Learn how to increase your parents’ trust toward you
- Get help in negotiating age appropriate independence
- Discover tools to grow strong and confident
- Enhance your level of self-worth
What Is It Like in A Counseling Session?
- You will be treated with empathy, dignity, and respect
- You will be approached as an expert on your life
- You will receive support and guidance
- You will be given a safe place to be honest about your struggles
- Your thoughts and feelings will be heard without criticism or judgment
- Your strengths and competencies will be built upon to create positive change
- Your story will be treated with confidentiality