ONLINE COUNSELING IS AVAILABLE
As a parent, are you feeling concerned, frustrated, discouraged, or powerless?
- You watch your child struggle to make friends
- You are worried that your kid is depressed and withdrawn
- You are exhausted from your child’s angry and defiant behavior
- You wonder why your kind cannot do well at school
Children may be unable to put their thoughts and feelings into words when they feel overwhelmed or distressed.
As a result, they often end up acting out, beginning a downward spiral from which they cannot free themselves.
Even the most caring, concerned parents may be at a loss as to how to help.
How we work to support your family
As therapists, we work closely with parents and consider them part of the treatment team.
Sometimes this means doing sessions with parents and children together.
At other times, this means seeing the child individually for Play Therapy.
We may also meet with parents individually to hear how things are progressing at home and offering parenting strategies that may be useful based on what we understand about their particular child.
Part of our work together may include attending school meetings for your child. We can offer guidance and advocacy for parents navigating the school system and addressing concerns with Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and related services.
Here are some of the things you may gain from family counseling with us:
- Increased feelings of self-worth and appreciation of individual strengths
- Improved communication with peers and family members
- Enhanced motivation, courage, and joy
- Reduced feelings of anger, sadness, and anxiety
- Discovery of limitless potential
- Renewed feelings of support and connection to your child
- Broader repertoire of responses to your child’s social-emotional needs
- Improved ability to create and agree on realistic goals related to your child
- Renewed confidence in your enhanced and effective parenting skills
- Increased understanding and appreciation of child’s overall development
We don’t just offer child therapy in Vancouver, Washington. We can offer child and family counseling throughout the state of Washington. That means, if you live in Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia, Kent, Bellevue, Everett Spokane, or Yakima, Integrity Counseling can offer online child and family therapy.
Are you ready to start family therapy for your child?
We encourage you to schedule your counseling appointment online.
Not ready to schedule your first appointment yet?
Give us a call and we will be happy to answer your questions (360) 356-8756
Rates information is here.