As a parent, are you feeling concerned, frustrated, discouraged, or powerless?
- Is your child complaining about difficulties with friends?
- Does your son/daughter seem depressed and withdrawn?
- Are you worried about your child’s decline in school performance?
- Do you dread your child going to school every day due to behaviors associated with ADHD?
- Are you exhausted from your child’s angry and defiant behavior?
- Would you like to improve your skills as a parent?
Children may be unable to put their thoughts and feelings into words when they feel overwhelmed or distressed. As a result, they often end up acting out, beginning a downward spiral from which they cannot free themselves. Even the most caring, concerned parents may be at a loss as to how to help.
As therapists, we work closely with parents and consider them part of the treatment team. Sometimes this means doing sessions with parents and children together. At other times, this means seeing the child individually and meeting with parents separately to hear how things are progressing at home and offering parenting strategies that may be useful based on what we understand about their particular child.
Part of our work together may include attending school meetings for your child. We can offer guidance and advocacy for parents navigating the school system and addressing concerns with Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and related services.
Here are some of the things you may gain from family counseling with us:
- Increased feelings of self-worth and appreciation of individual strengths
- Improved communication with peers and family members
- Enhanced motivation, courage, and joy
- Reduced feelings of anger, sadness, and anxiety
- Discovery of limitless potential
- Renewed feelings of support and connection to your child
- Broader repertoire of responses to your child’s social-emotional needs
- Improved ability to create and agree on realistic goals related to your child
- Renewed confidence in your enhanced and effective parenting skills
- Increased understanding and appreciation of child’s overall development
Are you ready to start family therapy for your child?
We encourage you to schedule your counseling appointment online.
Not ready to schedule your first appointment yet?
Give us a call and we will be happy to answer your questions (360) 356-8756
Rates and insurance information is here.
We look forward to meeting you and your family!
What our clients say:
Anjelika is so very knowledgeable, incredibly compassionate and very skilled at getting to the heart of issues and successfully working to resolve them. She has equipped us as parents through teaching techniques so that we can give better, more strategic support to our children who have been through great trauma. We highly recommend her!!
Parents of 4 children, Vancouver WA
“Olya gave me a lot of information and advice after M. was sexually abused. She took off a lot of my worries about him. He is no longer sexually acting out. He is back to being a happy kid: enjoying his friends, learning at school, and talking more to his mother.”
– Mother of M. (5 y.o.) Vancouver, WA
“Anjelika is amazing with both the kids and adults too. She really listens and offers great suggestions.”
Family, Vancouver WA